Services in Auckland
In the South Auckland region, LinkPeople offers the following services:
- Supportive landlord service – connecting adults using Counties Manukau Health’s community mental health services to the appropriate housing, from social housing through to private rentals. This is a service for people who are experiencing mental health and/or addiction issues. We also work alongside people to problem-solve tenancies as they arise
- Rapid permanent housing service – working alongside individuals and families who are transitionally (short-term) homeless to find permanent housing
- Sustaining tenancies at risk – a homelessness prevention programme delivered alongside the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, the Ministry of Social Development, and Kāinga Ora. We work with individuals and families at risk of losing their tenancies to keep them housed, while also addressing any underlying issues that impact on their tenancy and wellbeing.
- Housing First – LinkPeople is also a member of the Auckland Housing First Collective, working to house people sleeping rough in South Auckland.
- Sustaining tenancies at risk (STAR) – a homelessness prevention programme delivered alongside the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development. We work with individuals and families at risk of losing their tenancies to keep them housed, addressing any underlying issues that impact on their tenancy and wellbeing. More information can be found in our STAR brochure (PDF). Referrals are welcome from any source, including self-referrals, property managers (social housing and private properties) and other agencies. Self-referrals can be made via 0800 932 432 or by emailing LinkPeopleAucklandSustainingTenancies@linkpeople.co.nz.
If you have nowhere to stay tonight or in the next seven days, please contact Work and Income to access emergency housing.
We are also seeking partnerships with landlords and developers in the region, click here to find out more.