Services in the Rotorua Lakes region
In the Lakes region, we deliver a range of services. These include:
- Rapid permanent housing: Support for people and whānau to access and retain permanent accommodation.
- Working with people to sustain their tenancies and prevent homelessness.
- Supporting people with a mental illness or addiction to transition from inpatient, residential, or community housing settings into greater independence.
- Service navigation – connecting people to the services they require in the community and staff who can approve funding for full time carers of someone with mental illness to access respite.
- Needs Assessment Service Coordination (NASC) – assessing the needs of mental health clients and linking them with appropriate services in the community that meet their needs.
- Consumer and Family/Whānau Advisors – strategic roles designed to influence change at a systems level under the framework of Te Ara Tauwhirotanga – The Lakes DHB Mental Health and Addictions Model of Care, by connecting service users and whānau with decision makers.
If you have nowhere to stay tonight or in the next seven days, please contact Work and Income to access emergency housing.
We are also seeking partnerships with landlords and developers in the region, click here to find out more.